13 October, 2010

The Trap!




Yesterday ended reasonably well, although in my efforts to stay under goal I went too far under... less than 1300, so the site yelled at me when I finished my calculation for the day.

There was a huge temptation to eat something else, but it was after 11pm and I was getting ready for bed so it didn't seem wise. Even realizing that eating just before bed is supposed to bad, just knowing that I could afford another meal... my belly rumbled, lecturing me for passing up a chance after teasing it all day long with "meals" that couldn't come close to satisfying hunger...

I keep finding myself thinking of calories as a bank... I withdrew 240 for breakfast, lunch is around 300, I'll likely pull out enough for a soda... and what I really want is a snickers bar but when we looked up the nutrition info it just didn't seem reasonable. About the calorie value I expected, but almost half of it in fat...

Fat is another problem, by the by. It seems counter intuitive to intentionally eat some fatty foods, since I want to lose the roll around my midsection it seems like I should be avoiding fat. Yet the site also yelled at me for not eating enough of that.

My head spins. If I do my best to only eat healthy, low cal (cardboard flavored) foods, I'm not eating enough... if I go for tastier foods its too much... Somewhere a middle ground exists, I just have to stumble my way into it.

However, I still consider yesterday as being under goal, and a success.

No comments: