15 October, 2010

"Friends" or How hard is it to just say "Woo hoo GOOD FOR YOU!"

I am sick to death of supposed friends and their crappy attitudes about the BF and I trying to get into healthier shape. Every day when he posts to his facebook about his progress, at least one or two people have to respond with snarky and unsupportive comments. Co-Workers taunt us with what their lunch/dinner plans are, tease about going out for ice cream or other treats.

WTF is up with the mockery and almost cruel attitudes? Why is it so offensive to others that WE want to get OURSELVES in shape? Some of my female friends have gotten downright pissy, insisting vehemently that there's nothing wrong and I don't need to loose weight. Incidentally, most of the ones who respond this way are larger than I am, so in their case I imagine it has to do with insecurity... same as I myself get pissy when skinny girls bitch about their weight.

Luckily most of my own friends are at least being polite, but the bf's "buddies" seem intent on tearing him down and making him feel horrible about wanting to become healthier. First they mock him about his weight, then they react as if its unmanly to try getting into shape. I would shrug and say "men" but even a couple of his female friends have joined in.

Ugh. Stab.

No comments: