15 October, 2010

assorted thoughts

Somehow I managed to stay under calorie goal today while slipping on foods... we had friends over for dinner, so I ended up splurging a bit on the mashed potatos... forgot how much I love 'em, I could have happily given away my share of everything else just to have more than one serving of tasty potato-ness... yet we knew it was coming, so I kept my breakfast and lunch under 300, so there would be plenty for dinner. I was convinced that the meal we had planned would be well over 1000.

The last couple of days I've been around 1300, today I broke 1500... the site is still yelling at me for not eating enough fats and calories, to the point that I'm considering adjusting my goal. A couple of times as I've been trying to figure out how to work it I've accidentally done something-or-ohter that causes it to reset itself to something like 13k-18k so I'm wondering if thats what I should be doing anyway?

Aside from food cravings and temptations to justify "But I'm under goal, I can totally afford this snickers bar!!" its not as hard as I expected. I'm still training myself to eat smaller portions instead of trying to fill up, so I'm still always a bit hungry, but its getting easier to push back.

I know that I will have my battles with self control, but so far its just a bit of a struggle. I'm trying to channel some of the positive feedback into motivation for other things... like possibly doing nanowrimo, getting out of bed early in the morning (the alarm clock is my enemy, I do not do well waking up), keeping up with housework... doing dishes before bed instead of letting them pile up...

Gotta keep rolling, I dunno if I'll be able to get going again if I stall.

No comments: