28 June, 2009

Not every falling object is a star
























So. Update. Yeh.

Got ambushed by the other roommate, creepy little git waited for me to be in the kitchen making something to eat. Its difficult to have a conversation with him that lasts less than 30 minutes because he likes to repeat everything he says like three times, interspersed with near apologies and statements like "I'm not saying (insert slightly offensive or rude statement here) but..." then explains to you in several different ways what he's saying. STFU ALREADY!

So I cut him off fast and bluntly, not in the mood to deal with an extended conversation in which I knew I would end up having to restrain the urge to tell him to shove uncomfortably large objects, like his head, into awkwardly placed orifices. I'm sure you get the picture.

I told him I had gotten the message from Candy that I have until the 4th, and that I didn't really want to discuss the matter further with him.

He started going into a line of complete BS about how his parents threatened to serve them with an eviction notice if I'm not out by then. As if they would throw him out. Still, I pointed out to him that I have made no effort to fight it and have been looking for a place to go. I also pointed out that considering they're vindictive enough to throw me out over *embarrassing* them, I fully believe they're petty and vindictive enough to evict Candy and her child just to punish her for having brought me here in the first place.

His response surprised me, and was stated in an almost reasonable tone of voice. Apparently they had been told or given the impression that I would only be staying for 4-6 weeks, and that was part of what happened. Embarrassing the dad is still the main issue, but behind it was the "Why the hell is she still here anyway?" that helped bring about the decision that I had overstayed my welcome and it was time to throw me out like bad fish.

That, I can respect a bit... though its the first I heard of the 4-6 weeks thing. I'd been given the impression that if I found a job I could stay and pay half of Candy's rent and a share of the utilities and all would be well. I had no idea that I'd overstayed as no time limit was ever given to me.

I have no idea where the misunderstanding came in, lack of communication or whatever else... But as a factor to the melodrama, it can't be ignored and I acknowledge that truth. I forgot that the majority of the people I'm dealing with her are varying degrees of Passive/Aggressive, which is of course another factor. If they'd spoken up around 4-6 weeks to ask... Actually as I recall, he Did ask some questions around that time as to what my plans were, and we had a brief discussion. He didn't, however, mention the fact that I'd passed a deadline so I pretty much thought he was just making conversation.

Yes, I'm still beyond livid and find it unforgivable that it came to the point over me embarrassing the landlord... Especially as it was never communicated to me that there was even a possibility of there being people working on the yard. If there had, I wouldn't have freaked out when they woke me up, I'd just have put my headphones on or gone into Candy's room as she was at work.

Of course communication is an issue, and as we already know a major contributing factor. I still think that he should invest into post-it notes or a message board somewhere in the house so that confusion like this never happens again... but thats not going to be my problem anymore.

On another note. Friday I went into Orlando one last time, wanting to say goodbye to a few people and spend a night socializing and having fun. I was largely ignored, no one even noticed that my hair had gone from almost blonde to pomegranate :(, and I had a couple of really depressing moments that led to me being grateful that it was my last night with that group.

The worse of which was the guy who had last month offered to let me crash at his house with potential to take over a room that was about to be available. He kept trying to hug on me and touch me even though I kept stepping out of reach and walking away. I'm sorry, but I just can't accept sympathy from someone who could've prevented me from getting into this mess in the first place. Especially as he reneged on the offer with a blatantly lame excuse that made it clear he hadn't meant it in the first place (Why do people DO that? Why offer something if you don't actually mean it??). Moreover, shortly afterward he started making comments on how pointless it is to make friends with women who won't sleep with him anyway. Considering he'd made several comments directly to me about how if I stayed there I could sleep in his bed "And if something should happen" etc etc etc... I took this as a direct commentary.

True, it is a subject I'm rather sensitive on at the moment. Many of the offers that I've had came with the expectation that I would "put out" in exchange for the favor of a couch to save me from homelessness. I'm sorry, but anyone who treats me as a prostitute is NOT my friend and never will be.

Any rate, I do have a few viable options from people who aren't implying I'm a whore... Now, of course, comes the discovery that I shouldn't have been worrying so much about finding a destination. Now that I have a few options I realize that I have no way of getting there. I thought I had a couple of things of value, but a trip to the pawn shop disabused me of that notion. Giving up the laptop is *not* an option. All of my writing and photography is on the laptop, I'll hitch before I'll give that up.

So. Not sure still whats going, where, or how to get there... But at least now I have a better understanding of why it went so insane out of seemingly nowhere. That tends to happen when dealing with Passive/Aggressive types. You bumble along clueless that they're seething over something they haven't bothered to tell you that you've done wrong until out of nowhere the Drama explodes all over you. Usually over something completely unrelated.

Humans suck, can I go live with the wolves instead?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon. Its Jj. Where do you need to go? I can see if I can't find you a ride yea? Just let me know