09 August, 2009

Yes I'm Awesome!



What do you do when you have a little of random food things available but not a lot?

Take the bowtie pasta.
Grill some chicken breasts on the foreman thingy.
Cut up the chicken and put it in 2 cans of broth.
Put the bowtie pasta into the broth when its done.
Add Parmesan.
Enjoy.

Is very tasty. I thought the Parmesan would make the broth a bit less salty but it changed the taste more than I expected, still deciding how I like it.
Smells heavenly, and the chicken and noodles is incredibly tasty, but the broth... hm.


Actually, the more I sip it the more it tastes like the broth from my gramma's chicken and dumplings (Now I want chicken and dumplings dammit, Mamaaw's way! Must pester for recipe)

In other news, I'm now living in DeKalb Illinois. Its about an hour from Chicago, and a nifty little college town. Haven't found a job yet, but more places should be hiring soon because Fall classes start in a couple of weeks. Had one good interview but won't know for sure until classes start because most of the employees are students and they don't know yet where they'll need an extra person to fill in gaps. I am hopeful. My friend Beth is pestering me to go do "book rush" at a place down the street. Its a place that sells textbooks and will be getting a lot of business the next few weeks so she thinks will be hiring someone for that phase. I plan to go in Tomorrow and check. If nothing else its a few weeks and some money so that my roommate can stop having to support my annoying food habit :).

Still feeling a bit lonely and blue (See how I tie in the adorable froggy pic?) but I expect that most of that will fade away once I have a job as then I'll have money for going out and doing things and making friends. Not that people I've met through the roommate and friends through gaming aren't awesome, but I wanna find a few who aren't gamers as well. Gasp! Trying to do this learning how to make friends outside of my comfort zone thing. Thats the plan at least :)

Lots to say but nothing of importance, now that I've found a more upbeat frame of mind I'll try to get back to posting more regularly for that like... one person who reads ;)

PS Heather! If you have MaMaw's Chicken n Dumplings recipe or can try getting it, that'd be awesome. Every time I ask I get told there isn't one, but I know there is cause my Sis used to have it. I'll ask her as well, if I can actually catch up with her on the phone.

Having a job will make it possible to go visit her as well, since she's only an hour or two away apparently.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ribbit.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I DO have the recipe! Mamaw wasn't lying when she said she doesn't have a recipe. I had to sit and watch her make the dumplings and write down what she was doing, bugging her every step of the way...
I don't know where I put the recipe though! Since I switched to gluten-free 2 years ago I haven't touched it. I'll look real hard for it for you! Email me and remind me!