24 June, 2009

Me 'n Willie... On the Road Again

Well not officially yet, as I still don't know where I'm going or how I'm going to get myself there... but I've been given my eviction notice. Sort of. The Landlords and their son couldn't man up enough to actually tell me themselves or even put it in writing, the son informed Candy that his parents want me out by July 4th. Which is actually a few days more than I was expecting, so a slight bonus.

I'm enraged over the whole thing, considering I did NOTHING wrong. I woke up to men outside my bedroom window, inches away from my head as the bed is against said window. I had a panic attack, but all I actually did was open the blinds and tell them that I was asleep. They LAUGHED as they walked away. But the landlord was embarrassed in front of his friends, so he wants me out. They're not willing to be reasonable and take into account the fact that y'know... they were talking loudly outside of a woman's bedroom window at 9-10am, and that a woman who has had bad experiences may feel some confusion and even fear upon waking to their voices...

Apparently in Florida its legal for the landlord to be on property whenever they want, they aren't required to give notice, and they can even walk right into your home if they feel the need to. I'm used to Arizona where the landlord or property/apartment manager is required to give written notice of intent to enter the home or be invited. In Arizona, if the same incident had happened, the landlord would have apologized for waking me and made a point of given written notice of any further work to be done.

Of course, if the son had just... y'know... mentioned "Hey sometime in the next week or two there may be some people here to do work out back" the whole thing could've been avoided. He got defensive at this suggestion, saying he refused to set up an email list for the household. I hide in my room to avoid him and he and Candy work opposite schedules so there's not much crossover. Apparently he's never head of post it notes. They're fantastic little things, with sticky on the back, so a "Hey, ppl gonna be doing loud things around the house soon" note could be left on OMG a bedroom door. CONCEPT!!!

WTF Ever.

I have no rights, as I'm not on the lease. Moreover, even if I felt like fighting it or making an issue with them over this, I can't. Technically my being here is a violation of Candy's lease, so if they decide to turn vindictive (which, considering they're throwing me out for *embarrassing* them... I wouldn't doubt) they could evict her and her 9yr old son as well. Which, considering she's going through a divorce, could give her ex grounds to fight for custody.

So. I will continue to avoid the other roommate and the landlords as well should they stop in. I'll continue looking for my next destination and figure out a way to get myself from Point A. to Point B.

Ideally, I'd like to stay somewhere in the general area until after Halloween (ICC, big gaming convention I *REALLY* want to go to) and then likely return to Phoenix. Not sure thats going to happen, nobody in Orlando is offering... and the one possibility I did have came with the hint that I would be expected to put out in exchange for the favor of a couch. Heh. Nope, not a prostitute, not gonna happen. FYVM & Die In A Fire! Plus, it would not involve having to come up with $$ for a greyhound ticket. Working on it, but most of my options are out of state.

I roll, float, etc... Getting a bit tired of this gypsy lifestyle of mine, especially as lately it seems that adversity is what sends me about. There's not much adventure left in it.

Is it bad that once I'm gone I want to send a thank you card commending them on being such "kind" and "wonderful" human beings? I likely won't, as they could take it out on Candy... but the thought of it makes me smile, and smiles are a rare commodity at the moment.

No comments: