18 May, 2009

Thoughts of the moment


So... Florida. Still haven't found a job, haven't even gotten a single call.

Actually, the lack of calls thing is a little convenient as I've run out of minutes on my pre-paid go phone and there's no money to put more on. No money without job, no job without money, Brilliant!

Part of the problem is the area I'm living in is somewhat... rural. I don't have a car and there is no such thing as public transportation here. My job opportunities are limited to whatever Candy might be able to drop me off at on her way to work at Wallmart. Problem is, neither Wallmart nor any of those conveniently located places are looking for anyone at the moment.

Fret not, I may have a solution to this problem. A friend who lives in Orlando has a room in his house which is supposed to be vacated by its current occupants at some theoretically soon point. They're a couple looking to get an apartment of their own, wanting to live alone... and he's offered to let me have their room at that point. He may even let me crash on the couch until that point.

Here is where the incentive part comes in... See that adorable mutt I posted the picture of? That's Badger, he's been living with my Dad for a while now... but if I get a job and stay at that house, it has a huge back yard and the guy says he'd be fine with me bringing the pup out to live with me again so long as he's reasonably well behaved and house trained.

So a possible move back into Orlando itself, a different area of town, different roommates, and likely an entirely different social circle than I had before. Its promising. There's a little bit of a walk to get to the nearest bus stop, but there is a bus system that I could get to, which makes work finding a bit easier.

Only hesitation at this point... 2 things.

1, the guy has a bit of a crush. He behaves, but has repeatedly made it clear that he wouldn't mind me living in his room. Thats not going to happen, especially after the disaster of having made that sort of mistake in San Diego. Thou Shalt Not Date (or in any way become involved with) Roommates. Too much drama, and still... I'm worried that the crush he has might make for drama anyway. Is it worth the risk to be where I can more easily find a job, and with luck eventually retrieve the Badger?

2, Until I find a job I'm completely broke... Can't even buy ramen to feed myself for however long that takes. Relying on his kindness in that dept runs the risk of compounding the first issue.

So it bears pondering, but either way I'm looking to move into Orlando again.

Besides, the bedroom I currently sleep in actually belongs to Candy's son. Right now he's living with his father, but when school gets out custody returns to her, and I vacate the room.

I have until the end of the month to fully make up my mind and get things moving, so... Its not really a matter of where, but with whom and how to go about it I imagine. Likely it'll be the guy's house, especially as I miss my Badger and hopefully Dad will let me have him back when the time comes...

Have I mentioned I hate making decisions? I'm Phobic. Like... commitment-phobic but in relation to any major decision, its a large part of what gets me into so many scrapes and adventures.

No comments: