01 May, 2009

The essence of adorableness

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaawrrr!!!

I've had this set as my laptop's background for the last week or so since it came up on icanhashotdog.com (cute puppy/dog pics) because I squee every time I see it. For those who aren't quite sure what a Squee is? Its a sort of squeaky, happy noise that bubbles up from that part of your stommach where the butterflies dance whenever something really touches you. I don't know of any better way to explain it but that... Its a literal sound, and sometimes it escapes in a tiny whisper because the thought is too precious to share, or sometimes it escapes in a rush like a teenage girl squealing giddily about being asked on her first date.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is where my biological clock exists. Not for babies, though I do on rare occasion find one that makes me giggle at cuteness, but puppies. Tiny puppies most especially, because they are so much of everything wonderful that I've ever wanted in my world that I can't help but find hope in those small moments... that every past transgression, mistake, or outright sin (insomuch as I believe in 'sin') will be forgiven so long as something of this cute-magnitude is allowed to exist in my presence from time to time.

Other tiny animals can have a similar effect, though puppies are always best because I have a life long love affair with puppies and dogs. So long as they exist, there is good left in this world :)

No comments: